If you want to outsmart your competitors and achieve massive organic traffic, then competitor analysis is the most powerful way.
Once you have mastered this skill and you start implementing the insights that you are getting from spying on your top competitors, you can easily boost your productivity and increase your ROI.
Whether you believe it or not but even today, targeted traffic is the lifeblood of your online business.
We do keyword research, link building, social media engagement, and influencer marketing to the right people to our website.
Why we all do this?
The reason is quite simple – when we get success in doing this, you will literally smile by seeing your bank account.
Even in today’s digital and tech-driven world, some business owners and website owners are there, who try to spy on their competitors manually.
Obviously, the manual process has its own place.
But, the entire manual process is quite time-consuming and boring.
If you want to become one of them then give an answer to one question.
Do you want to boost up SEO rankings for your website by achieving organic traffic?
If the answer to this question is yes, then we are here to help you choose between two SEO tools – SEMrush and Serpstat – that play a major role in uplift and make SEO easy.
If you want to perform an effective SEO strategy, you need the best tool at your fingertips that enable you to find new opportunities, boost SEO rankings, save time, and optimize keywords.
Whether you have a business website or a blog page, these SEO tools can help you in achieving skyscraping rankings in search engines.
It helps you when you want to reach the top of the search engines using digital marketing for your target keywords.
Here in this blog, we will discuss what they are used for, what they do, and even go further to look at differences between each one of them.
We have even jotted down both the pros and cons of each tool. We hope you find this article useful and resourceful.
Let us first start with SEMrush.
- 1 What is SEMrush?
- 2 The Key Features of SEMrush
- 3 Things that We Liked About SEMrush
- 4 Things that we did not like about SEMrush
- 5 Benefits of SEMrush
- 6 Is SEMrush Right For You?
- 7 What is Serpstat?
- 8 The Key Features of Serpstat
- 9 Benefits of SerpStat
- 10 Things that We Liked About Serpstat
- 11 Things that We Did not like about Serpstat
- 12 Is SerpStat Best Fit For You?
What is SEMrush?
SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing toolkit that provides you with everything that you need to grow your online presence via SEO, PPC, and content marketing.
You can also use SEMrush to analyze your competitor’s strategies. So, you can outrank them in SERP results.
This tool has approximately 4 million users around the world. This tool is trusted by various big companies such as eBay, Quora, and HP. Therefore, when you choose this tool, you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
SEMrush can be used to deal with a number of tasks like:
- Position Tracking
- Website Audit
- PPC Research
- Content Planning
- Keyword Research
- Backlink Analysis
- Social Media Monitoring
Moreover, SEMrush is the most extensive SEO competition intelligence solution that you will ever find on the internet.
Of course, there are lots of other SEO tools in the market that perform the same tasks, but SEMrush is leading the pack.
SEMrush offers 5 different plans for one user.
- The Free Plan
Usually, SEMrush’s free plan is not actively advertised but this plan provides you with limited access to the platform.
- Using the free SEMrush account, you can set up only 1 project with the ability to set up each project tool once.
- Position Tracking: 10 keywords, updated daily
- Site Audit: 100 pages per month
- Social Media profiles: track 5, post to 2 (schedule 10 posts)
- On-Page SEO Checker: recommendations for 10 keyword units per month
- Domain & Keyword Analytics: 10 results per report, 10 reports per day
- Brand Monitoring: historical data – 1 day, track 1 keyword in a project, 1 location, data sources – Web
- Content Audit: 50 pages to audit
- Post Tracking: 5 URLs
- Topic Research: 2 topics
- SEO Content Template: 1 template, 10 keywords to add
- SEO Writing Assistant: 1 template
- The pro plan – $99.95 per month
- SEMrush’s pro plan is the best for smaller websites, startups, and freelancers who are on a tight budget.
- Out of all packages, the pro plan is the cheapest option. You have to pay only $99.95 per month.
- When you purchase this pro plan, you can enjoy running various SEO, PPC, SMM, and content campaigns with 28 advanced tools at your disposal.
- When you invest in this plan, you can access your competitor’s traffic sources, rankings, social media results, and much more.
- Projects – 3
- Position tracking – 500 keywords updated daily
- Site Audit – 100000 pages per month
- Social Media Profiles – track 50, post to 10
- Schedule PDF Reports: 5
- Readability check-in SEO Writing Assistant
- On-page SEO checker – 500 keyword units per month
- Domain and Keyword Analytics – 10,000 results per report. 3,000 reports per day.
- 500 keyword limit for keyword rank tracking
- You cannot see a competitor’s historical search activity.
- You need separate projects for each device.
- The Guru plan – $199.95 per month
- The next plan is the Guru Payment plan. It costs around $199.95 per month.
- This plan is the best for small, medium-size business owners, and marketing agencies that are experiencing growth.
- When you purchase this plan, you can enjoy all the features listed in the pro package.
- Schedule PDF Report – 20
- Projects -15
- Domain & Keyword Analytics: 30,000 results per report, 5000 reports per day
- Position Tracking: 1,500 keywords, updated daily
- Site Audit: 300,000 pages per month
- Social Media profiles: track 100, post to 30
- Brand Monitoring
- Post Tracking: 50 URLs
- Marketing Calendar: 1 calendar, unlimited collaborators (sharing)
- Topic Research: no limits
- Content Audit – 20,000 pages to audit
- SEO Writing Assistant – 5 plagiarism checks, tone of voice check.
- In this plan, you can track up to 1,500 keywords.
- This plan incorporates historical competitor data since 2012
- This plan does not contain any product listing ads feature.
- The Business plan – $399.95 per month
- Featuring next on the list is the business plan. This plan is quite expensive that costs you around $399.95 per month.
- If you are an already established business, a larger agency, or hold an extensive web presence, then this plan is the best fit for you.
- This plan incorporates all Guru plan features plus white label reports, API access, and extended limits, and sharing options.
- You can extract the information that is relevant to you and integrate it into any type of user interface, application, widget, or dashboard through API access.
- When you purchase this plan, you can get a white-label PDF. It means you can remove any SEMrush mentions and add your own branding to craft the crystal-clear and professional report.
- You can enjoy even restricting editing rights via the read-only sharing feature of this plan.
- Projects: 25
- Position Tracking: 5,000 keywords
- Social Media profiles: track 300, post to 50
- Schedule PDF Reports: 50
- On-Page SEO Checker: 2,000 keyword units per month
- Domain & Keyword Analytics: 50,000 results per report, 10,000 reports per day
- Site Audit: 1,000,000 pages per month
- SEO Writing Assistant: 10 plagiarism checks
- When you opt for this plan you can track up to 5,000 keywords.
- You can have access to the product listing ad features.
- This plan incorporates SEMrush API access
- Enterprise Solution – Customized Plan
If you are a massive business then the enterprise plan is for you. It is the most comprehensive of all the SEMrush pricing plans.
This plan is the perfect fit for you if you are in search of a 100% customized plan. When you invest in this plan, you can enjoy access to,
- Custom keyword databases
- Custom limits
- Unlimited crawling of large websites
- On-site training
Isn’t it sound interesting?
If this plan sounds like a perfect fit for your business marketing needs then you will need to contact SEMrush directly.
The Key Features of SEMrush
SEMrush is an all-in-one search tool that has all the basic features + excellent keyword research, rank tracking, and competitive analysis tools.
- Social Media Poster
- Brand monitoring
- Organic Research
- Display advertising tool
- Backlink analysis tool and backlink research tool
- Keyword research
- Traffic analytics
- Market explorer
- Advertising Research
- SEO Writing assistant
- Product listing ads
- Project tracking
- Site audits
- Social Media Tracker
- On-page SEO checker
Things that We Liked About SEMrush
- The best thing about this tool is it provides users with the most detailed and cutting-edge digital and SEO marketing metrics.
- It lets you spy on your competitor’s SEO strategies so that you can compare them with your own and find new link building opportunities.
- Its SEO writing assistant helps you to make sure that your content is fully optimized for search engines.
- Using this tool, you can easily do organic and paid keyword research, find competitive keywords, long-tail keywords, and related keywords to improve your keyword strategy for your SEO campaigns.
- You can easily generate a report that you want to send to your clients or want to keep it for your future reference. This tool has advanced reporting and analytics features. Therefore, you can easily create professional reports with all the information you need with a single click. You can even download this report in PDF format. You can also create white-label reports.
- It offers good value for money when you take into account all the tools and features it includes.
- SEMrush can easily integrate with Google Search Console and Google Analytics. So, it will let you proficiently track your website performance.
- Whatever subscription plan you choose, SEMrush offers you fantastic consumer support.
- The SEMrush team is constantly improving and adding more features to enhance its performance.
- SEMrush contains lots of SEO tools in one suite. These SEO tools can be accessed on every subscription plan. However, the difference lies in the total number of reports you can generate.
Things that we did not like about SEMrush
- SEMrush is slow to update.
- Its dashboard is quite confusing and not easy enough to customize.
- The monthly subscription is quite costly for businesses and marketers who are on a tight budget.
- Some users have even reported that SEMrush has some discrepancies in their data.
Benefits of SEMrush
Do you want to run your SEO campaign on your own? Then, SEMrush is excellent software to use. There are various advantages of using SEMrush.
- You will Understand How Well Your Website is Performing
When you run an SEO campaign, it will take time to show results. So, you may be wondering whether your optimization is working or not.
When you use SEMrush, you will get insight into your campaign’s performance including keyword ranking, organic traffic, paid traffic, and much more.
- You will Find Valuable Keywords
Using SEMrush, you can easily find keywords that your competitors are using.
It will give you insight into keywords your business may be missing. Therefore, you can drive in more relevant leads to your business.
- You will Understand Your Competition
When you use SEMrush, you can learn what your competitors are doing with their SEO campaign. It will assist you in improving your SEO campaign by earning valuable backlinks. So, you can outperform them.
Is SEMrush Right For You?
SEMrush is a rock-solid SEO tool that provides you with all the key data necessary for a successful SEO project.
The best features of SEMrush are its link building and site auditing tools. Its link building tools provide you with an outstanding ‘CRM’ style method of building backlinks.
Its site auditing tool provides you with a super-easy checklist of a few ways to improve your technical and on-page SEO.
The only downside of this tool is that all accounts only come with one user account. However, overall, it is a very good solution.
What is Serpstat?
It is an all-inclusive platform for search engine optimization. It helps businesses in improving their presence in key SEO areas, particularly marketing, search analytics, PPC, content marketing, and more.
Using it, you can discover new keyword opportunities, content ideas, evaluate PPC campaigns, and perform profoundly competitor research.
This tool allows you to gather information in the main 5 areas.
- Website Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Backlink Analysis
- Rank Tracker
- Site Audit
Serpstat has 4 pricing plans available to its customers. The pricing structure of the tool is quite amazing. Let us check out each plan in detail one by one.
- Lite – It costs $69 per month
- The first plan is the Lite plan which is quite affordable and cheaper than any of the similar tools like SEMrush or Ahrefs. It comes at only $69 per month.
- This plan is an ideal pick for SEO-individuals, freelancers, and SMB who are on a tight budget.
- This plan supports 4,000+ queries per day, 10,000 results per report, and 15,000 tracked keywords.
- This plan comes with access to premium features such as missing keywords and others.
- You can audit up to 150,000 pages with this plan which is more than essential for the price.
- When you opt for this plan, you can get access to 20+ tools for running SEO, SEM, SMM, and PPC campaigns to improve SEO efforts of your projects.
- There is no team management feature associated with this plan. You will even do not get phone support from Serpstat.
- Standard – costs $149 per month
- Featuring the next plan on the list is a standard plan. It is the best fit for established in-house teams and marketing agencies.
- When you purchase this plan, you can get support for 4,000 queries per day, 30,000 results per report, and 60,000 tracked keywords.
- This plan also covers all the premium features like cluster research, missing keywords, access to API, and much more.
- This plan is much suited for a growing blogger who would like to take his blogging career to the next level.
- Advanced – costs $299 per month
- Coming up next on the list is an advanced plan. It is the best value plan for big marketing agencies and large in-house teams with an extensive need for data.
- This plan costs you around $299 per month and it definitely increases your query and reporting limit.
- This plan comes with all standard features plus some additional features.
- This plan comes with the team management feature of up to 5 users. Also, this plan provides you with phone support.
- Enterprise – It costs $499 per month
- Last but not least in the list is an Enterprise plan. This plan costs you around $499 per month.
- The best thing about this plan is that you can create a white-label report using this plan.
- This plan comes with the team management feature of up to 7 users. This plan also offers you phone support.
The Key Features of Serpstat
- Reporting suite
- Training documentation
- Search and web traffic analytics
- Historical database of Pay-Per-Click ads
- Website rankings
- Keyword database
- Site Audit tool
- Backlink Index
Benefits of SerpStat
The main advantages of SerpStat are that it provides you with the exact ranking of the top 100 domains for a specific keyword, backlink analysis report, unique algorithm, and better SERPs rankings.
Let us check out it in more detail.
- Get Data On Top 100 Domain Ranking
We all are aware that keywords are cornerstone when it comes to SEO.
When you invest in SerpStat, you will not only get a single domain for a tracked keyword but you will get information related to all the top 100 results on the search page.
It gives you insight into the clear-cut ranking of the top 100 domains. So, you need not spend time and effort on creating individual projects to monitor your competitor’s rank.
In addition, this tool also provides you with the historical data of each keyword per region or city.
- Backlink Analysis Report
When you use SerpStat, it provides you with a comprehensive backlink analysis report.
This in-depth report contains a set of anchors with domains and referring pages. The best part about SerpStat is that you can track the backlinks of your competitors + your website using this software.
- Unique Algorithm
SerpStat works on a unique algorithm that is capable of finding the market share of the first 100 domains in the search results for specific keywords as well as keyword groups.
Using this system, SEO experts can determine the latest trends as well as drawbacks in the visibility of a domain.
- Better SERPs Ranking
Using SerpStat, you can determine what optimization practices are delivering the best results and which are actually not working.
Moreover, this tool also helps you in identifying duplicates as well as new errors. So, it will help you in solving these issues so your website will have a better ranking.
Things that We Liked About Serpstat
- It is an all-in-one SEO toolkit that will be able to handle all of your SEO needs.
- The user interface and dashboards are easy-to-understand and use, even if you are a complete beginner.
- Using it, you can create white-labeled reports which are an excellent option for you if you are working on an SEO project on behalf of a client.
- When you pick Serpstat, you can have unlimited users for your account.
- It is quite an affordable tool.
- It provides you with hands-on support.
Things that We Did not like about Serpstat
- Its customer service team can be a little slow while responding during peak times.
- This tool lacks some features like finding a parent keyword from long-tail keywords and vice versa.
- There is no way to evaluate a group of keywords.
- No SEO toolbar or Google chrome extension.
- This tool has no integration with Google search console or Google analytics.
Is SerpStat Best Fit For You?
If you are an agency or company that wants to track a high volume of keywords for a low cost then SerpStat is an ideal pick for you. It is an all-in-one search tool.
Tracking 15,000 keywords in this tool can cost you only $69 per month. However, it can cost you several hundred dollars per month for Ahrefs.
If price and a capability to track a high volume of keywords are important for you then SerpStat is an excellent option for you. On the flip side, if you have the budget to pay for a fully-featured tool, then it is worth testing Ahrefs and SEMrush.
SEMrush vs. SerpStat vs. a SEO Company: Which is Better?
That’s why you maybe start thinking if it is better to use software such as SEMrush and SerpStat or if you should hire an SEO company? Which is better for your business?
If you have time and patience to learn about SEO, then according to us, SEMrush is a great option.
It provides you with the ability to control your SEO campaign and simplify the process of running it.
The disadvantage of this is that you will require relying on your team to implement your strategy. It means you have to spend more time on your SEO campaign than other projects.
If you are an entrepreneur that does not have the time to run an SEO campaign, hiring an SEO company is an excellent choice.
You can concentrate on other important business tasks while your SEO Company runs your campaign.
Therefore, you do not have to worry about it as they have the knowledge and experience to run a successful campaign for your business.
Over to You!
In this article, we have looked at these two great keyword tools. Both SEMrush and Serpstat are two valuable all-in-one search solutions that used worldwide to help digital marketers increase their website traffic and visibility.
Most of the time, SEMrush is the best overall search tool available on the market as it is a fully-featured and data-packed solution.
On the other hand, Serpstat has all the similar basic features, but the tool is merely not as advanced.
In short, if you are willing to pay more for data and features and you are an SEO professional or an agency, SEMrush is the right tool for you.
If your primary objective is to track a high volume of keywords and you are looking for value for money, then Serpstat is an attractive pick for you.
SEO is an essential method that will assist your business in getting more valuable leads and conversions.
Therefore, if you want to make the most of SEO, you need a plan that is optimized to help your business succeed.
If you ask us, which one is better? Then, our answer is it depends on your needs.
Have you got any thoughts or questions about SEMrush or SerpStat?
Share your views with us in a comment section below about both tools. Therefore, we can add more to this discussion.