An internal link is a link used to connect one page to another page of the website.
These links permit search engines like Google to find content on the respective website and evaluate its value; users use links to navigate the website.
Internal linking of pages and blog posts is essential as it helps discover content and upgrade the blog’s contextual score, helping to rank higher in the Google search list.
If the website contains several essential links, Google tends to mark the posts and site as important ones.
Interlinking, if done correctly, leads the website on the path to success. It keeps the online readers engaged on the website. Google Analytics tracks, analyses, and provides valuable insights about the website.
Some benefits of Internal Linking
WordPress offers its users the opportunity to use different plugins to add internal links to their content. These plugins help users to edit and update old content and add new internal links.
Other than receiving a higher rank in Google and other search engine results, Internal linking comes with few other benefits. Those are:
- Balance Bounce Rate
- Pass link juice
- Deep indexing
- Increased page views
In this article, 6 top internal linking plugins to improve SEO will be described with their interesting features, advantages, and disadvantages:
It is the best linking plugin that users use to create internal links between their blog posts using Artificial Intelligence. This plugin is said to whisper links to the readers on the site.
The Link Whisper dashboard shows the number of outbound external links, outbound, and internal inbound links. When adding an inbound internal link in a new blog post, the user has to click on ‘Add’ in the respective column.
After scanning the website, it comes up with a list of suggestions. Mostly, all links are relevant, and multiple suggestions are offered for the same anchor text. Link Whisper gives its user total control over which pages to link or not.
The users have to specify the post or words they do not want to plugin. The free version is available, and the price of the pro version starts from $77.
- It automatically goes on offering link suggestions as one writes.
- It builds links between posts with the same tags.
- Adds internal links in dozen.
- Adds inbound internal link.
- Adds outbound internal link.
- Easy to use.
- Easy installation.
- Saves time and effort with the automatic linking
- Unnatural Linking Pattern.
- No external link suggestions.
- A premium version is needed to add an inbound internal link to old blogs.
This WordPress plugin is rich in its features. It mainly focuses on the on-page SEO. This plugin will scan the content using more than 70 tests to precisely optimize the website.
It analyses the blog post and instantly comes up with a box of ‘List Suggestions’ on the right side. It maintains the keyword rank tracking and explains why a specific keyword is not fit enough to rank in the webpage.
It is the best choice when looking for a free internal link plugin. The best thing about this plugin is that it supports AMP pages and schema-based themes.
It allows one to optimize a blog post for Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. It has various modules like SEO analysis, 404 Monitor, redirections, etc. The free version is available, and the price of the pro version starts from $59.
- It checks on the length of the URL, Meta description, and blog post.
- Up to five targeted keywords can be optimized.
- It checks the title and content readability.
- It gives access to .htaccess and robots.txt editor.
- Offers rich snippets
- Easy to use.
- Lightweight plugin.
- Compatible with all WordPress themes.
- Not preferable for beginners.
- Users have to request indexing.
- Complex SEO settings.
It is also known as a 360-degree plugin. It is the most well-known SEO plugin in WordPress. It is the best tool to use for engaging organic traffic from the search engines to the website. The linking type is manual.
It continuously analyses the blog post and offers a link suggestion. This free tool checks the quality of the content and also pays attention to the usages of keywords in the correct position.
It lets one create 301 redirects with its exclusive feature. It ensures the blog does not contain any broken links and also spots any change in the URLs.
It is an excellent time saving option as it optimizes Meta description, title, and targeted keywords. It automatically generates an XML sitemap for the users. It is available in the free version, and the price of the pro version starts from $89.
- It can analyze readability.
- It analyses the structure of the paragraphs.
- It allows for changing the permalinks.
- It allows for editing titles/Descriptions in bulk.
- Breadcrumbs support with titles.
- Easy to use interface.
- Works as an SEO proofreader
- It makes the content easy to find.
- Cannot define canonical URLs.
- Limited Social Media previews
- Internal Link suggestion is available only in the premium version.
It is a premium plugin that helps create an internal link structure using specific phrases and keywords in the blog post.
This plugin has an interesting feature known as Interlinks Optimization; it informs the users, the number of internal links of blog optimized.
It shows all exact vital insights regarding the internal links, like the total number of internal links and the number of clicks generated in the plugin (Click tracking).
It helps to bring in engaging traffic by improving the website’s SEO. Therefore, strengthening the customer base and leading to more sales. There is no free version available. The premium version of Interlinks Manager is available at $33.
- It offers automatic creation of links in the blog post.
- It comes with the Link Juice Calculator.
- It offers opportunities to convert keywords for connecting with the visitor’s phrase.
- It provides statistical data about the behaviour pattern of the visitors through Link Tracking and Click Tracking.
- It comes in a form with Gutenburg ready.
- An ideal option for beginners.
- It makes editing easy.
- Most link suggestions are relevant.
- Complicated interface to use.
- Does not include SEO tools other than linking.
- Plugin support is only provided through email.
It is the best solution to build internal links as it simultaneously works to improve on-page SEO.
The linking type is automatic and manual. It commendably improves the websites’ ranking in the search engines by distributing the internal links.
The users are saved from the effort of manually linking the new blog post. The links are automatically built, once the configuration of keywords is completed.
The users can rely on its performance and quality for building internal links. Users can whitelist a few posts and anchor text. It permits them to customize generated links for the particular context.
The basic free version comes with many exciting features, but the advanced version offers many more options. It is best suited for bloggers, businesses, and agencies. The free version of this plugin is only available.
- Users can maximize scalability.
- It sets up custom templates for the internal links.
- Users can have full control with the blacklisting feature.
- It can insert gaps between keywords.
- It provides deep insights in the form of statistical representation about the internallinks in the blog.
- Very easy to use.
- Link frequency can be controlled.
- Prioritized full support is provided through email.
- The free version does not offer interesting features.
This WordPress plugin is the easiest to internally add links to new or old articles and blog posts. It adds links because a website without internal links does not make a good impression on Google Analytics, resulting in a fall in the SEO ranking.
All one has to do is choose keywords and provide a URL to link with the keyword. It allows users to manually select the keywords to the specific URLs. It is not tested with the last three major releases of WordPress.
- Users can mass upload keywords.
- With this, one can have the nofollow links.
- Users can decide the number of times a keyword can link to a specific URL.
- Multiple targeted keywords can be linked to a single URL.
- Simple interface.
- Everything can be done from the WordPress dashboard.
- Old contents can be easily found from the archives.
- It is advised not to overuse it.
- It is not a reliable one.
After publishing a new blog, manually interlinking to keep the blog afloat at the top of the search engine result list can be quite a headache.
These above mentioned six internal linking plugins are essential as it helps to speeds up the linking.
It also increases the URL rating. Choose the best suiting plugin for yourself. Most of the WordPress plugins mentioned here are available in its free version.
To make use of more interesting and exciting features, one may opt for the premium version. Beginners should first go for the free version, mainly to get a good understanding of the interface.
Use these proper internal linking techniques to ensure reader engagement and therefore gaining the highest rank on the search engine result page.